Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fall 2010 Fashion Week

Are you one of those people that is obesessed with fashion or anythingfashion? Sitting in front of the TV to decide who's best dressed and who's wearing what at some big event like the Oscars or annual Met Gala? Can you name designs by certain designers and not even glance at the label. Well, I am! I have no experience with the world of fashion but yet I am fascinating by clothes and textiles and trends. It's weird because when you look at me, I am more of a T-shirt and jeans kind of gal, but there's something about an Alexander Wang leather biker messenger style bag and a pair of Chanel ballet flats that get my heartbeat going. At the begining of each month, I jump for joy at the mail box when I see the latest arrival from VOGUE and ELLE. Sometimes, I'll splurge on a foriegn issue when browsing at a local bookstore. Something about that world grabs at me and pulls me in and I can't resist. There are two particular websites that I have saved on my favorites and I go there daily. Sometimes several times a day. It's like a part of my daily routine. I can't begin my morning without getting my daily fix of style and ny mag.(www.style.com & www.nymag.com/fashion)
New York Fashion just wrapped up this past Thursday, ending with Tommy Hilfiger. I wasn't much of a Hilfiger fan in the past but looking some of his latest collections, especially the Fall 2010 that was just presented at Bryant Park, his stuff is quite lovely. Great American sportswear but with a twist. Every single item that walked down the runway, I would wear... except maybe the brown western inspire thigh high boots. Only because I would be way too consious to wear them! I love it when designers hit the spot with their presentations. Like you weren't expecting it, but when you see, you want and love and are inspire. You want to incorporate that lovely piece into your own wardrobe. You think that gray cashmere, elbow length coat would look great with last seasons camel color loafers and plaid tights! I am amaze how designers come up with collection each season. I think, 'how do they do it?" How do you top last season? How do you keep going? Creating. I'm in awe of that and somewhat jealous, because I wish I had the capability to do that.

Do you have any favorites from the Fall 2010 collections in NYC? Or other designers on teh international circuit that swoon?

Here are some of the snaps of what walked down the runway this past week in NYC. I will keep you guys updated with London, Milan and of course, the capital of the fashion world, Paris!


Reed Krakoff Fall 2010


Tommy Hilfiger Fall 2010


Diesal GOLD Collection Fall 2010


3.1 Philip Lim Fall 2010 - this collection def hit the spot. Everything was lovely... chiffon flying dresses of different length, with gold sequins tops, wide leg pants, and the still going trend of boyfriend jackets. Love it.


Proenza Schouler Fall 2010 - love this one too... tough Southern California check but with an urban flair.



Ralph Lauren Fall 2010 - OMG. This collection was beautiful. So romantic. So poetic. If I were a character in a Victorian romance novel, I would have this wardrobe. There were pieces of gothic and Victorian inspiration. Puff shoulders velvet tops, black lace arm length gloves, floral tiered ruffled dresses that were made for making an entrance. I could go on and on about how beautiful this collection, but I'll you browse and swoon yourself. (www.ralphlauren.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment