Sunday, February 21, 2010

2010 Olympics

Have you been watching the Olympics?? Me? I'm more of a summer games kind of gal. However, I do like hockey and I was able to watch the match between Canada and USA and man, was it tense. It was one of those games that kept u glued to the screen the entire time. It was sooo excited and of course I was rooting for the US! GO TEAM USA! I read somewhere that Canadians take their hockey seriously... like it's the air they breathe. The water they need to fuel their bodies. How hockey is to the Canadians is how football is to the Americans, or Europeans are with their soccer. And so I felt really bad when the USA beat them 5-3. Great for the USA but I know there are some Canadians out there tonight crying into their beers. The streets of Canada is dead quiet tonight.

Outside of the Olympics, I'm a soccer fanatic. I played soccer growing up and have been in love it since. Although I never made it to the college level, I still follow the international leagues pretty consistently. Teams that I cheer for? Chelsea FC in the Premier League and Real Madrid in La Liga (Spain). I get extremely crazy when the international play comes around, (like the Euro Cup or the World Cup). I'm really looking forward to the World Cup, which will take place this summer in South Africa. Unfortunatly, I won't be able to attend, but that doesn't mean that I won't be follow my hottie soccer players :)

What's your favorite Olympic game to watch?
Do you have a sport that your obsessed with?

No comments:

Post a Comment