Thursday, May 6, 2010

Less than a 50 days until the first game of the World Cup

and I am excited! so So SO excited! It will be a little tough with my schedule this summer, but I'm going to make it work. I have to make it work. If not, gosh help us all. I've been prepping, researching, tallying, keeping scores and doing gosh knows what I can do in order to prepare myself for the world's biggest sporting event. Here's what I've been doing.


Vanity Fair (US version) "s June 2010 issue is out and it's all about the boys in color coordinated uniforms and shin-guards. What makes this issue even more special is that they're not even in their uniforms. More like their birthday suits. I'll be reading this issue from cover to cover.
I bought two copies published by ESPN called the Guide to the World Cup 2010. This will be my bible. My haven. My stats about who's who and who's what and everything else "informational". And these don't come cheap either. It was like buying a textbook for college classes all over again. You kind of cringed when they tallyed up the total.
www.kickette.com : Like any chica, I like my juicy gossip. Throw anything involving football/soccer and I'll be your devoted follower until death do us part. I came across kickkette abpout 43 years ago. It was right around the time the World Cup of 2006 was ending. While trying to get any and I ean ANY information aout the fabulous and gorgeious players, I came across kickette. No words can explain the amount of gratitude (for having a place to get my daily dirt) and love (gatherings of other fellow lady soccer followers/lovers) that I have for what is KICKETTE. It's like that pringle comercial... once you pop you won't stop. And I promise you'll be book-marking this page for daily reads... I knwo I do.
I'll be publishing my personal rendition of the World Cup soon. I am hoping to have it edit and ready to post by this weekend. Keep an eye out for it.
Till next time my loves... IKER!





No comments:

Post a Comment